Saturday, January 18, 2014

Catch Up ...

October 2013 was a memorable month. It started out with a trip home to the states. I left a week before the rest of the family because Dad's or Grandpa Doxey's health was failing fast. My trip home was crazy when my flight from Tokyo to Portland was delayed almost 24 hours.  I got to spend the night on a mat in the lobby of the Narita airport with 400 strangers.



The next week Emily, Rachel and Rick came to SLC.  We put our selves into shopping gear and got Rachel supplied for her mission in 10 days and sent her on her way on October 9 2013 to the 
Russia Rostov-na-Donu Mission for 18 months. SNIFF SNIFF :(






Four days later on October 13, 2013 my Dad Graham W Doxey passed away. I am so grateful to have been there during those last days!  I had some very tender moments with him as I was privileged to care for hi during the nights and part of his last days.  He is truly one of "the noble and great ones." It was also inspiring to watch Mom by his side every minute to the end. I have been "born of goodly parents" who have taught me the ways of the Lord.




Emily decide to take out her endowments in the SL Temple on October 4, 2013. It was nice to have some of her sister there to go with her.
Sarah, Rachel, Maegan, Marilee, Emily, Abby





1 comment:

Libbi said...

It is so weird to see my sisters so grown up-- and I mean all of them. I have to say-- y'all are a good looking group of girls!! And for Mom-- "you're as handsome as any of them"!