PART II
The week was long and taxing. Waking up in the dark and finally letting myself close my eyes in the darker. My second volleyball class was fun, but I am trying to figure out what kind of volleyball we are playing and adjust to it as much as I can make myself. I want to cheer when the girl on the other team shanks it, but I guess we are not supposed to do that... ? I am learning. Some people laugh when we mess up and lose King of the Court for the second time. I heard them laugh and I saw a smile on their face. Bewildering, but I can adjust.
Child Development is interesting because my professors has a chronic face condition called DFS, or Duh Face Syndrome. I never wanted to laugh out loud at someone's disorder before.
This Friday...
I had the chance to go to the Temple. I took my roommate's Sarah and Carissa. It was good. I get to develop patience there like not many other places on Earth. We got there at 4 30 and left after 7. I did five ten names. 5 confirmation and 5 baptism. I did hear some names that strike my ear as potentially pretty: Helen, Eleanor, Adelaide, Anna, and others that I can't remember right now. We finally got home and ate and hung around until one of my roommates (Randi) told us we were going out. We got all ready and went to Rock the Block. Fun for approximately 23 minutes. I took Sarah Doxey and her friend and roommate Martha too. It was fun for those 23 minutes because I like laughing and there was some extraordinary material there. I did get to hang out with my roommates and then Randi's brother Cody and his roommates James and Logan were there too. They are all pretty cool guys (cool because they are not aware that they are or make minimal effort to be cool). Sarah, Carissa, and I went home and went to bed after deciding whether or not to for a few hours. The next day was CRAZY.
This Saturday...
Libbi wanted to go running ("And I don't like going too late.") so she got to get up at 7 30 and go with me before I had to go to a Stake Activity where breakfast was to be provided. They must have forgotten it, but they did have McDonald's breakfast burritos. No comment. While Randi and I were going to get a drink, we saw Cody and James and we went over to talk to them. Cody asked me what I was doing that night and then asked if I'd like "to be a date." I went out on a limb and assumed that he meant his date and said, "Yeah," or "Sure," or something as uninvested-sounding as possible given the situation. Anyway, after that activity, I went grocery shopping with Libbi and Carissa. Then, we had to go to Glenwood and prepare for the game. The game was awesome and fun and the weather was nice. I got home at about 5 40 and my mystery date (who turned out to be indeed Cody) was picking me up at 6 15. We picked up Logan's date too and then drove from Provo to that place that starts with S that is south of us in Cody's topless jeep. Needless to say, my hair was forever changed and I resigned myself to that pretty quickly. We went to a Hindu Temple and had A BLAST. There was all this stuff to see and stuff to try. We saw some red powder and made marks on our heads. That was pretty sweet. We pet some llamas and we watched them burn some demon god. We did a bunch of other fun stuff including dancing and singing along to some lie music by five middle-aged white men dressed in Indian clothing. Oh adventure! We met up with James and his date and then went back to Provo and got ice cream and played the nickel game where you pass the nickel under the table and the other team guesses who has it and in which hand. That was even fun. I got home at midnight and then had to get ready for Sunday.
This Sunday...
I had to wake up to be at the Church by 8 to get my calling. I was sustained as Visiting Teaching Supervisor. Church was really good for various reasons.
Busy Weekend. I thank you for indulging, and I am sorry it is so long. If you want any further detail on the story or the characters in it, please contact me via telephone, e-mail, or by stopping by. Walk-ins welcome.
I love you all!
(unless you are not a member of my family or close friends and are a random person reading this public blog. I must say, please stop reading. Thank you.)
3 comments:
Wow-- deja vu.
What do you mean Libbi?
I got a lot more info from this reading then I did from our short phone call so thank you. What do you mean Hindi Temple is that a restaurant or really a Temple? Did you get Indian food?
I love these. Make sure you write a book someday because your voice is so fun to hear in what you write. I remember helping you write and illustrate your stories when you were little. Oh the memories... I love you, Bear!
Post a Comment