| Hong Kong Temple |
The up was helping a Chinese group of a couple of YM (12 yrs) do baptisms for the first time and 3 YW. One of the women was older but had disabilities so it was scary for her to do the baptisms but her priesthood leader was very gentle and patient and she made it through 10. The group had brought about 300 family file names. They worked quickly and reverently. We got only 2/3 of them done but it was a sweet 2 hours.
After the temple we went to the mall where the MTR stop is and discovered a Godiva Chocolate store that had a chocolate soft ice cream cone advertised. It was important to check it out and we gave it a high rating! "You get what you pay for" fits here because it was expensive.
We then headed to the church for the Women's Conference (re)broadcast. How I missed my girls! I have the best daughters; Abby, Maegan, Katherine, Courtney, Libbi, Sarah, Emily and Rachel and the most wonderful granddaughters; JoAnn, Kate, Elaine Louise, Maggie, McKinley, Reagan, Leah, Maia, Ellie! I missed you all as I watched that meeting.
Sunday was fast Sunday ending with a dinner for the Branch. Dad had to lug 20 pounds of pork and a crock pot and a cake to the church for me. He went earlier than I so he packed it into his suitcase and off he went as the finer currier that he is. I followed later with the salad, more pork and kitchen tools. We cooked the pork in 4 crock pots and made pulled pork sandwiches. At the end of our long Sunday it tasted great. Our testimony meeting with these sisters was inspiring. They have such simple but deep faith. They sacrifice so much for their families. They know the scriptures well and love to talk about the gospel. They also enjoy some teasing from Pres. Page as well as his kind and good council.
| Dad catching the elevator to head to church. |

2 comments:
Poor Mama! In Chile they would say that if you fall somewhere that means you'll be back there someday. Hmmmmm...
I very carefully walked across that street a couple of days ago. Does that count?
Post a Comment