Monday, March 24, 2014

SPRING OUTING


Rick and I had a rare day all to ourselves. Saturday March 22 we left the apartment at 
8:30 am to catch a 9 o'clock movie (it had been sold out Friday night) of Divergent. After the movie we took the MTR out to the New Territories to a Brass Factory shop where they sell ceramic, brass, and porcelain vases, lamps and other home decorations.  We did not resist buying a Chinese plate to add to out Italian plate.   We also found a few other items we may go back for.  It was a lovely cooler day perfect for such an outing.  We got home around 3:30 ate a turkey sandwich on a baguette then Rick went into work for a couple of hours.
The next day, Sunday, was our normal marathon day with a new twist.  Rick was called as the new Branch President of the Island 1st Branch (Filipino). It is an English speaking branch made up of 100 plus domestic workers (mostly sisters) working here in Hong Kong.  



Chinese children plate.  I love the Chinese artwork that has children on it.
The women at the store told us it represents the future of China.

Flowering trees on the path to the brass factory store.  

We had to take another picture on the way back to the MTR from the brass factory.
My feet and I are very tired...I am not mad.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Beautiful flowers!! Love the updates Marilee!