Friday, January 23, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS JEFFY!

I-- and I am sure my sisters would agree-- am very proud of my brother. I was looking on his blog and the commentary Courtney has written about their life on the base and Jeff going off every morning to fly. I am just in awe of the whole situation. Every time I really think about it I do that-- awe-- with my mouth open and everything. "My brother is a pilot. Yeah, that's right. Yeah, real pilot. Fighter planes. Yeah, he's top gun." That is the sort of conversation I have with people. And if they haven't walked away nodding and "oh cool..."ing then I go further. "Yeah, he um is also an amazing athlete-- plays lacrosse and soccer and baseball and football-- everything and is really fast and the guitar and he rides horses and speaks French and yeah he's pretty much the coolest guy I know. But, he's married..." at this point the girl I am talking to will say "oh..." but no cool this time. haha.
I just love Jeff. I am impressed that he is literally living his dream.

3 comments:

Dad said...

I can attest to this gushing adoration of Jeff! It is all they talk about when you come up! Jeff is great in this way and that... they sure idolize you brother! I, of course agree, but mostly think of you as my little brother until they remind me that you are about as close to perfect as it gets. I think they may never marry cause they will never find someone who compares to you!

Dad said...

One more comment - as I was typing I could only see the legs and feet in your header picture - no offense everyone, but that is funny! Whose are those Hispanic girl's legs second from the left??

Mary Kim Oswald said...

It is a good thing there is only one boy in the family. There could be some serious ego issues. I agree with you. It is not always possible for someone to live out their dream but when they are able to it brings a bit more hope into life. It makes me think the world is not as hard as it seems. Congrats to Jeff.