I would like to share with my family the amazing blessings I have been receiving lately. I do not know why they all bombarded me at once (it seems at least), but they have and I think its the happiest intrusion into daily life I have ever experienced in my twenty years.
For instance, a few weeks ago now I was in a rush to finish up my first paper for American Humanities. I finally "finished it," printed it off and ran to turn it in. I was a half hour late to work that day and then I got a hard job to do. I wasn't feeling it. Anyway, the next Tuesday, I hear people talking about turning the paper in "yesterday." It was my fault I guess because one day the week before was my first and only time to get to that class a little late (literally five minutes) and it was then that he must to announced the extension on the due date. Nice. I was pretty annoyed about that. I could have done SO MUCH BETTER I thought. So yesterday he does the "prepare yourselves" speech that Humanities teachers like to give so that their students do not freak out too badly at their subjective grading practices when they give the papers back. I was literally ready for an F (he drops 1 of the 4 papers we write anyway, so I was coping with a smile in his direction). He hands it back. I turn the papers and see... nice comments!? A-. BOOM. That is what I am TALKING ABOUT! What the heck!? Right? Am I right?! I mean if I had done my best, I would have thought an a- for my first paper to him was good, but because I didn't it was ridiculous.
That is just one instance this week of the amazing, ridiculously amazing, blessings that I have been trying to make room enough for to appreciate. I just want to really appreciate them, you know. I have to. I have always felt a need to really really appreciate, and it is getting more difficult lately, if you know what I mean. Sharing it helps. I also had three dates for this weekend by Tuesday afternoon! What is that all about!? Ridiculous. Anyway, thanks for reading. I am very grateful, am humbled by it all, and secretly hope that this kind of good fortune is not as fleeting as I fear it might be.
I love you all.
3 comments:
I think that's great. A big lesson thing I learned from Conference is to not only be more grateful for our blessings, but also to show how grateful we are. I love all you stories...keep them coming! Love ya!
I say amen to Courtney. Conference seemed to remind me that I need to be better about expressing graditude. Once again my children are a good example to me. Thanks Sarah.
I love you! Mom
This is Dad, and I says that Sarah is amazingly wonderful. The only that surprises me is that you don't have more dates.
SLY,
Dad
Post a Comment