Greetings, my fellow Americans.
A new chapter of my life started last Friday night after a day of watching the Duryea lil'uns. I was weary, but I had to stay up long enough to get my bed ready and to pick up Libbi and help her move her stuff in at about 11:15 PM. Needless to say, I was pooped (not in the literal sense).
The next morning, I woke up earlier than I would have if Libbi hadn't been waiting for me to call her to go running. We went shopping afterwards and I died when I saw the price (not in the literal sense). The game was fun that afternoon, but we almost (literally) passed out due to the heat. That night, my roommates brother and his roommates who were old buddies before their mission came oer and we had pizza and then went to the canyon to make a "bonfire" (not in the literal sense). It started raining and then I got very severe bark burn on my right upper-arm area from hanging from a tree for dear life. I sincerely hope that dear life appreciates the effort. Sunday was good too, even with the bark burned arm. We went to have dinner with the Doxey-Perkins family. It was fun. I re-enforced the bridge of friendship and comradery between my cousins and I. We had the opportunity to be there when Robert gave a father's blessing to each of his children. It made me miss my wonderful dad (in the literal sense). Robert also did something in each of the blessings that helped me: he reminded his kids of each of their personal gifts. It helped me love them better. I appreciate that. The week was spent working early and late, blowing my nose, suffocating in the night because my nasal passages were barricaded by unrelenting excess mucus which situation was intensified because I did not have a pillow as I slept, and meeting new people and going to new classes. My favorite classes so far are American Humanities and Volleyball.
(This story continued when my interest is ignited once again.)
5 comments:
Thank you Sarah for the delightful journey into your thoughts! I miss you (in the literal sense)!
Mom
Yes, thank you for this wonderful little narrative. I'm looking forward to the continued story...
I love that you wrote something Sarah. We love seeing insights into your time at BYU. Only wish we could be there with you!!
Sarah, I have posted a response on our blog.
Love,
Jeff
This is Dad. I enjoyed reading your narrative and I enjoyed reading Jeff's response. I wonder why it is that you were hanging from a limb for dear life. Perhaps we are jumping to conclusions here. Was it a tree limb or is Bark the name of a dashing young man?
SLY, Dad.
Post a Comment