Friday, June 20, 2008

A Walk to Remember!?





Good morning to everyone. Today is a lovely day (since we are well into ours) so we hope you all enjoy it. Sarah and Libbi have found a great path through the woods close to our Pokrovsky Hills so today they dragged Emily, Mom, and Rachel for a "walk" through the woods. The woods are thick and so the shade was cool but after a while of walking grumpy(Mom) started to complain. Finally we broke into a clearing where there is a lake. We discovered it was popular today,. There were many people in various attire or NOT swimming, picnicing, roller blading etc. Since we are fond privicy we headed back out to a new path out of the woods toward home. By the time we made it back to our safe space, out of real Russia, we were glad we had taken the adventure. Rachel did have some bug issues and I realized she had never been to girls camp and had missed out on some important coping experiences. Dad missed this fun time but is having his own walk on the manicured greens.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Sounds like an excellent adventure. I hope you didn't have to see too many people wearing no attire -- that's disturbing -- although it will probably be some good preparation for the beach. I don't think there will be any nudists, but, if my experience at Gulf Shores is any indication, with some of the swimsuit styles and the size of the people wearing them, it gets pretty darn close. Gross.

Anyway. Have fun exploring. I love y'all. See you soon, very soon! And I hope you bring me some chips and salsa from Pappasitos.

Baldwin Family said...

Sounds like fun! I can't believe Rachel missed girls camp. You can't beat the Houston bugs.