Windmills in Kinderdijk Netherlands
Dad and Emily looking out on the north sea.
Hyacinths fields...pink, white and deep purple
Rachel in a field of daffodils...The mornings on our trip were started with a great full breakfast at the hotel. We loved the rolls, bacon, juice, yogurt and cereal, and hot chocolate and friut. They had this fun chocolate spread we ate on our bread. Then we headed out for a drive through the countryside to look at the huge flower fields. We were a bit early for the tulips but the daffodils and hyacinths were amazing. The aroma was also very pleasant. Especially compared to the cattle farms we had passed earlier. We explored the coast line a little and then took our drive down through Rotterdam and into Kinderdijk to see the UNESCO site of windmills. There are 19 in that one area. It was a very peaceful and picturesque. We loved seeing the families out on their bikes all through the towns we drove through. We could imagine Baldwins, Duryea's and Page's out with the mutiple seats and carts attached to the parents bikes.
2 comments:
Hyacinths are my favorite flowers! Those fields are amazing! I bet it was such a peaceful trip with all those lovely sights and smells.
I like your descriptions. But, I especially liked the adjective you chose to describe the chocolate spread. It makes it sound as if you were completely detached but in reality it seems like the sort of thing you would engorge. At least I would! But, hey! I don't take the time to laugh at my food. It's hard to laugh with my mouth full.
Sarah
Post a Comment