Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving a la Plage en Californie!

This is Thanksgiving dinner. We had all the food that one would expect at a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (pies, turkey, potatoes, gravy, caseroles, salads, rolls etc. infinity) AND we a got to eat it around campfire after an afternoon in the ocean! I was pretty full at this point... That is Cody Evans, Glenn (a kid from one of the families there), Randi Evans, Dan (another kid), and me.

We didn't get any pictures of the actual fireball festivities, but here's a picture of after. All the families (like 40 people) went out on the dark beach, lit these balls of yarn that had been soaking in kerosine for a few weeks and threw them around. It didn't really hurt that badly until sad started getting all stuck in it. I don't have any hair left on my right hand or wrist though!

This was the first day of diving, Thanksgiving Day. I think Brother Evans caught these (we didn't get fishing licenses). These are abalones (sea slugs) and we held the sluggy part up against our suit til they got all attached. Cool, eh? That is Julie (the other girl Randi brought (from Dallas)) and then Randi on the right.

This was Friday afternoon. We went diving again that morning and afterword, we went to the Sand Dunes! It was super fun. We ran down this huge hill over and over again totally biffing it at the bottom every time. Fun times...

9 comments:

The Red Page said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Red Page said...

Sarah this looks really fun! I am glad you showed us what you did. Your hair is looking longer.

Unknown said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! I love the sand dune picture, so artsy:) I bet it was a blast!
Love court

Abby said...

That sand dune picture is AWESOME! And the abalone picture is NASTY. That looks like a great adventure. I'm glad you had so much fun.

Libbi said...

I am now officially commenting Sarah. Fun times! I can't really see the after-fireball picture very well though. You should post all of these up somewhere so I can see all of them-- I haven't seen very many. Man-- you totally fit in with that family.

The Red Page said...

What do you mean by that? "Fit in with that family"... I fit in with OUR family, thank you very much. I fit in with y'all better than with any other family ever! What an upsetting comment!

The Red Page said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I am very jealous! WOW a lot of people to add on facebook...huh?
:)haha
EMBARRASING-_-
--you know what is even more embarassing how i cant spell embarrassing.

Baldwin Family said...

Looks like fun, even if it did take place in California. :) I'm glad it went well. We sure can't wait to see you in a few weeks. I heard you want to spend the entire time babysitting, right?

The Red Page said...

Those abalone pictures are sick man-- I was looking at Randi's picture with Sarah Doxey last night and we almost "got sick" (I didn't want Dad saying I was being unladylike). Looks like fun! I would totally be the party pooper of that party-- I'm not very crazy.