Well, this is my first post to the family blog. I'm sure y'all would rather look at more pictures of the Chile trip or life in Russia (I know I would) but I thought I would put up some pictures of the stuff that's been going on here in Montgomery.
First, let me introduce y'all to my new ride.
First, let me introduce y'all to my new ride. This is Fitzwilliam -- Liam for short. He's a "majestic blue" 2008 Nissan Altima and he drives like a dream. I said a reluctant but necessary farewell to Marty at the end of April and although I am deeply in love with Liam, I still find myself missing Marty. So many memories. I took these pictures of Liam at a park near the Shakespeare Festival theater here in Montgomery. The cobblestone bridge is one of my favorite spots in the park.
Erica, Tomicka and I decided to break Liam in properly this weekend, so we took him to the beach. Gulf Shores is about 3 hours from Montgomery. So Friday after work, the three of us hopped in the car and drove down.
(We were a little excited.) Our plan was to eat a seafood dinner at the Original Oyster
House on Friday night and then spend the day on the beach Saturday. But we couldn't wait until Saturday for the beach and the wait at the seafood place was an hour and a half, so we took an evening stroll down the beach and ate dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse. (There were, of course, a lot more seafood restaurants in Gulf Shores but neither Erica nor I were brave enough to eat seafood at an untried hole in the wall.) We got up early on Saturday and headed to the water, where we played a little volleyball (and I mean a very little -- sand volleyball is exhausting), read a little, took in a little sun, and spent a lot, a lot of time in the water.
Erica, Tomicka and I decided to break Liam in properly this weekend, so we took him to the beach. Gulf Shores is about 3 hours from Montgomery. So Friday after work, the three of us hopped in the car and drove down.
(We were a little excited.) Our plan was to eat a seafood dinner at the Original Oyster
House on Friday night and then spend the day on the beach Saturday. But we couldn't wait until Saturday for the beach and the wait at the seafood place was an hour and a half, so we took an evening stroll down the beach and ate dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse. (There were, of course, a lot more seafood restaurants in Gulf Shores but neither Erica nor I were brave enough to eat seafood at an untried hole in the wall.) We got up early on Saturday and headed to the water, where we played a little volleyball (and I mean a very little -- sand volleyball is exhausting), read a little, took in a little sun, and spent a lot, a lot of time in the water. 
+016.jpg)





4 comments:
cool! I'm liking your blogging style. That car looks awesome! Seriously. I hope to get a ride in it soon. I suggest to you spelling Liam like "Lliam." I thin that looks pretty cool (like llama or Aaron). Anyway, just a suggestion. I love you and miss you,
Sarah
What a good way to psych us out for Florida! You are looking pretty slick with your new car. Can't wait to met up face to grill.
love, Mom
Yeah Abby's first post:) We are soooo excited to see you Wed!!
well i am jealous!!! how rude to go there with out me... i am very disapointed in you...but i am also very happy for you!! i love you still although you broke my heart!!! miss you and cant wait to see you in ATLANTA BABY!!!!!! SHOPPING FOR(TY) HOURS:) LOVE YOU!!!
RAE
<3
Post a Comment