Monday, March 10, 2008

Chewy Cocoa Brownies

Leave it to me to contribute a recipe on the sweet chocolaty side. These brownies have saved me here where I can not get a brownie mix. They are chewy like a mix brownie and very easy. Don't forget to top with a small package of chocolate pudding (made following directions on the box for the instant pudding)then spread whipped cream or cool whip over the pudding and then some kind of grated chocolate or chopped up chocolate candy bar on the whipped cream to make that good brownie dessert.

Chewy Cocoa Brownie

1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) margarine or butter melted
2 Tablespoons water
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts OR 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Stir together the sugar, melted butter and water in large bowl (I mix this all by hand not with an electric mixer) Stir in eggs then vanilla. Combinr the flour salt,cocoa, and baking powder and mix carefully into the sugar butter mixture. Stir in nuts or chocolate chips. Bake in greased 9x13 pan at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan.

3 comments:

Baldwin Family said...

I make these all the time and it's easy to half. I almost always add the chocolate chips and maybe some mini-M&Ms. Just personal preference. This is the best brownie recipe I've ever found.

Abby said...

Those sound delicious. Also, the new header on the blog is gorgeous. Nice work.

The Red Page said...

I made these again, but for family night this time. One of the guys in my group said they were the best brownies he had EVER HAD!! Thanks again. His name is Abraham which is a pretty cool name. ANYWAY, thanks again! They are OH SO DELICIOSO! (enthusiasm is tres passe. you slink across the floor as if it's a dreadful bore, to the rhythm of bi-um-pum-pum, bi-um-pum-pum, bi-um-pum-pum, bi-UM!)